You guys certainly like Chobani as much as I do, huh? Keep those entries coming until 12am EST tomorrow night. And, since there’s been so much interest in the giveaway, the people at Chobani have agreed to let me give TWO sampler packs of the new flavors away instead of just one. Exciting stuff!
One of my favorite parts of giveaways, besides giving things away to my readers of course, is hearing from people who read my blog who are usually just quiet readers. I want to let you guys know that I appreciate each and every one of you – yes, you! If you guys ever have questions, concerns, or are curious about my opinions about anything – PLEASE don’t hesitate to email me (bethklein at gmail dot com) or leave a comment and I’ll be happy to give my opinion/advice/answer to your question (within reason, of course).
So, I thought to kick off this President’s Day holiday (which unfortunately I don’t have off and am working – boo!), I’d answer the first 10 of your questions that were asked during the giveaway. I have a few full posts planned to address some of the bigger questions that were asked – how I stay motivated, how I deal with social situations, meal planning/my approach to weekly meals, getting back on track after falling off the wagon, and advice for other bloggers – but for the straight forward, easier to answer questions, I figured I’d take the time to address some of them here. If there’s something you’re dying to know that I haven’t addressed, feel free to ask again in the comments. Here goes!
- Do you see yourself running any marathons in the near future?
- To be honest, no. Right now I’m focusing on running my half next month, and then we’ll see where it goes from there. The thing I love about training for a half marathon is that none of the weekday runs are more than 5 miles, which means I can do them all in under an hour and it makes it very compatible with working full time and easy to squeeze in before work if I have things going on afterwards. I mean I’d never say never, but for now, no marathons in the near future.
- How do you mentally tackle running on the treadmill? Do u have an awesome playlist or do u just get into the zone?
- This is a hard one. I always run with music (on or off the treadmill), but have a hard time running on the treadmill without getting bored, especially for long runs. My mental strategy is to try to break them up as much as possible – like focusing on 15 minute increments if I’m going at the same pace the whole time. The easiest treadmill runs for me are ones involving speed work because I find it easy to stick with the treadmill when I’m frequently changing up the pace and it makes it easier to stick with. And for long runs – I really can’t do more than 6 miles on a treadmill and do everything I can to run them outdoors if possible. If its not possible, I focus on breaking them up into increments, but it’s still hard.
- Are you looking to get back into cycling? Would you ever consider a cycling event or a triathlon?
- I am definitely going to get back into cycling once the weather warms up and would LOVE to do a triathlon in the future. I don’t have one on my schedule, but it’s definitely a goal of mine down the road. I only have a hybrid bike though, not a road bike, so I will probably have to invest in a nicer bike before I enter/start training for a competition involving biking.
- Do you own a Vitamix?
- I don’t have a Vitamix, though I would LOVE one. The blender I use is this one, and it works great for smoothies/soups/anything I’ve tried it for.
- Have you tried Kombucha yet?
- I also haven’t had kombucha yet and from what I’ve heard about its flavor I’m not sure it’s something I would love, but I’ll try anything once!
- How did you pick your goal weight? Do you think that when you reach it you will be happy or reevaluate?
- Because I’m 5’8, the highest healthy weight for my height is 164 pounds. I’ve never been at that weight before, but my lowest was 166 around New Years last year. Currently I’m at 167.8, and I picked 160 for my goal weight because I think that’s a good, solid number. I’m not sure if I will be happy or want to go lower than 160 because I’ve never been there, and while I may not fully be happy with my body at that point, I want to pick a realistic goal weight that is maintainable so that I can get to a weight and stick with it, rather than fluctuating like I have all my life.
- Have you tried making the breakfast cookie with the peanut flour instead of the protein powder yet?
- I haven’t yet tried this, but gave it a little more thought and really think it would work. If you are looking to do this, my advice would be to mix the peanut flour with the water and a pinch of salt first to get it to a peanut butter like consistency, and then mix in the other ingredients for the breakfast cookie.
- What is your absolute favorite quick yet healthy meal?
- I have two answers for this one. If I’m bringing lunch to work, my favorite quick meal to throw into a bag for on the go is an uncooked sweet potato, 1/2 a cup canned, rinsed black beans, and some goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, or salsa. I also like to bring a salad on the side for a complete meal, and will just poke holes in and then nuke the sweet potato in the microwave, pour over the warmed black beans and cheese or salsa, and then serve it with the salad. If I’m not on the go, my favorite quick meal is an egg scramble with lots of veggies (usually frozen and just heated through first), cheese, and hot sauce, with some toast and fruit on the side. I also love to make regular stir fries with frozen veggies, tofu or beans, and some sort of rice or grain on the side.
- What are you most looking forward to this summer?
- I’ll tell you what I’m NOT looking forward to this summer – the DC humidity. But what I’m looking forward to the most? Longer days, and my pool that opens Memorial Day through Labor Day! My apartment building has a super nice pool that is huge and has tons of seating plus outdoor grills, and I can’t wait to have a nice place to spend some time outside.
- What are your favorite museums in DC?
- My favorite museum in DC is the Natural History Museum. I love all the huge larger-than-life animals and the exhibits in there, and a close second would be the Air & Space Museum, but that’s mostly for the astronaut ice cream.
Everything you never wanted to know about me. You’re welcome. 😉
Are you working today or do you have the day off because of the holiday? If you have the day off, let me vicariously live through you and tell me what you are doing to celebrate. If you’re working, allow me to feel less bitter and let me know that you too, are at your job and not out enjoying a 3 day weekend.