I’m currently on my way to Kansas City, but I realize I missed checking on my weekly goals yesterday so wanted to update you all on my progress and set some new ones for this week!
Here’s what I set out to do last week:
- Work out at least 4 times. Check! I did morning workouts Tuesday and Wednesday last week, and then went for a 5.5 mile on Saturday. I also worked out Monday evening, so that adds up to four times.
- Include at least 1 run and 2 days of strength training. Check! I actually ran two times – once on Wednesday and once on Saturday, and did strength training on Wednesday and Monday.
- Only food shop this week for the POM Dinner party and make meals off of what I purchased yesterday and what’s in my pantry/freezer. Try to limit personal spending on food to under $100 for a party for 10 adults. I did limit my spending on the party to under $100, but I had to go grocery shopping on Sunday because I had very few items in my kitchen.
- Cook at home for all meals if possible to limit extraneous spending outside of the party. Check! The only meal I ate out this week was lunch after church on Sunday, which is quickly becoming a weekly tradition that I’m loving!
- Throw an awesome POM dinner party!
- Limit drinking to the POM Party and then the party I have on Saturday evening – nothing else during the week/weekend. Check! I cancelled going to happy hour on Friday so I didn’t overdo it.
- Make it to church on Sunday despite being out on Saturday night. Check!
- Don’t let myself get too stressed with party planning/executing – enjoy it! I had an AMAZING time throwing the party so this goal was definitely met!
Overall I think I did great on my goals this week. I was expecting to have more leftovers than I did from the party, so that is why I had to go grocery shopping on Sunday rather than stretching out what I had in my kitchen. I did keep the grocery shopping to a minimum and spent under $40 for the week, and I definitely did a good job at getting up early last week to get workouts in before work since I had a lot to do at night.
Given that I am traveling today through Friday to Kansas City, MO, and then Saturday to Sunday to visit Wil’s mom, it’s going to be pretty tough to stay on track. I always really struggle with healthy living when traveling, and I really don’t have any breaks in sight since next week is Thanksgiving, the following weekend my mom turns 60, and the weekend after that we are in New Orleans. Its kind of crazy that I have plans for literally every weekend between now and the end of the year… eek!
Here are my goals for this week:
- Still get in 4 workouts (2 down already) this week, including at least one while in MO.
- Get in 2 days of strength training.
- Make a conscious effort to drink a lot of water despite traveling.
- Try to get as much sleep as possible even though there will be early mornings and late nights this week.
- Make good decisions while traveling but give myself a break because its going to be harder to stay healthy while traveling than it is when I’m cooking for myself.
- Try to eat enough fruits and veggies this week even though I’m not cooking.
- Don’t turn the TV on while in MO – just read my book and magazines!
Whew this week is going to be tough and nonstop! I’m going to try to document all my food/snacks while traveling this week so that I can hold myself accountable and also show some ways to stay healthy while on the go.
What are some of your best tips for staying healthy while traveling?