Hello and happy Tuesday! I’m feeling really good today physically – I am shocked I am not more sore from Sunday’s half marathon!
Last night I got home from work and had a big package waiting for me…
I opened it up…
My prize from winning the Thomas’ Bagel Thins Cream Cheese Contest!!!
Sorry for the crappy picture, but inside the box was:
- $250 Crate & Barrel Gift Certificate
- 8G Ipod Nano (the new touchscreen one!!)
- Black & Decker 4-slice toaster
- Crate and Barrel Coffee Mug
- Crate and Barrel Breakfast Plate
- 1 pound of ground coffee
- Lots of $1 off Bagel Thins Coupons
Woohoo! I’m so excited it arrived. I still have to load up the ipod (hopefully tonight!) and figure out what I want to buy at Crate & Barrel. Yay! 🙂
I ended up walking to the grocery store last night which has been a fun way for me to incorporate exercise without actually working out. Harris Teeter is about 1.25 miles from me, so its 2.5 miles roundtrip, or about 40-45 minutes total. The walk home I’m also lugging groceries so it’s extra exercise carrying all the weight. I always bring a reusable grocery bag with me and last time I pushed a cart and was pretty shocked at the weight of everything on the walk home, so I told myself next time I’d just use the bag in the store so I could keep track of how much it weighed. But the carts looked so tempting last night so I did it to myself again and had to get an extra bag to distribute the weight since the groceries were so heavy. I did really well at the store though! Check it out:
All this for $27!
- Arnold Rye Bread (on sale for $2.50, had a $1 off coupon which they doubled, so 50 cents total!)
- Thomas’ Bagel Thins (same story with the $1 coupon, so 1.19 total)
- Veggie Stock
- Organic Honey
- Cabot 75% Reduced Fat Cheese (on sale for $2.50)
- 1 pound shrimp (on sale for $3.99 a pound!)
- 2 Oikos Greek Yogurts (on sale for 1.89, had a 55 cent coupon which they doubled so 1.34 each)
- Cucumber (50 cents)
- Butternut Squash (.99 a pound sale)
- Acorn Squash (.99 a pound sale)
- Green Pepper (.99 on sale)
- 4 figs ($2 on sale)
- 3 Pears (.99 a pound on sale)
- Green Grapes (.99 a pound on sale)
I was pretty proud of all that loot for under $30! Can you believe before last night, I had never had a fresh fig?? They are AMAZING. So sweet and I just love the texture. When I woke up this morning, I was craving fruit, so I went with it.
- 1 banana (1.5 points)
- Baby apple (.5 pts)
- 2 figs (1 pt)
- Cup of Green Grapes (1 pt)
Yum. I don’t usually just do fruit for any meal but I had to listen to my body this time.
Side note, the babies are doing well! It’s day 8 now, so they’ve made it past the week mark and are holding strong. Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming – I really believe it’s working!
Today’s question: Are you a bargain shoppers? Do you set a specific budget for grocery shopping or just go wing it? Do you plan your meals or go on a whim?
PS – If you’re in the DC area, today’s Groupon deal is AWESOME. $25 for a $50 gift certificate to Potomac River Running Store which is an awesome running store with 4 locations in DC. I’ve been there tons of times and got really excited when I saw today’s deal! Click here if you want to buy it – i did! 🙂