I said the exact same thing on November 1, but how the heck is it already December?! It is insane how fast this year has gone by – I can hardly believe the holidays are upon us!
For the past six weeks or so, I have been setting weekly goals, and then in November I set goals for the month for the first time in a while. I find the method very effective because my weekly goals feed into the monthly goals, and each week I set goals based on what I have going on. Here’s what I set out to do in November and my assessment of how I did.
November Exercise Goals:
- Strength Training Twice a Week. I did great with this one and actually strength trained 3x this past week. I can tell I’m getting more definition in my arms and shoulders, and I am happy to have made it a regular part of my workout routine.
- Half Marthon Sign Up – Check! I’ll be running the National Half Marathon on March 26, 2011.
- Run Once a Week (at least) – I’ve been really good about this one and have been running more than once a week. Last week I ran 4x!
November Food Goals:
- $50 Weekly Food Budget – I was very good about this one except with the POM Party (winners announced today btw!). I want to keep this one up, especially in light of the crazy amount of birthdays/holidays coming up this month.
- Eat out/happy hour at most 2x a week – I think I was pretty successful with this one. I tried to cook at home as much as possible and make healthy choices when traveling.
November Personal Goals:
- Continue to go to church every Sunday. I only missed church once in November, and that is because we were seeing Wil’s mom for the weekend. Unfortunately I don’t know that I’ll make it to church ANY Sunday in December (my church anyways).
- Read more and watch less TV. I read one full book and am 2/3 through another in November. I still watch too much TV by anyone’s definition, but
So overall, I did really well with my goals this month. I like having them in three categories so I’m focusing on different elements of my life and not just one thing.
December is going to be a very busy month for me, as I’m sure it will be for a lot of you. I am traveling every single weekend from now through the end of the year:
- December 4th – Philly for my mom and sister’s birthday
- December 11th – New Orleans for Wil’s Birthday(!!)
- December 18th – Wil’s family Christmas Party
- December 25th – Christmas with my family
- December 31st- Not sure yet, but maybe just staying put!
So needless to say, I am going to be extremely busy in December. With that in mind, here’s what I’d like to accomplish.
December Exercise Goals:
- Strength training 2x a week, and add in ab work.
- Try to do interval/tempo runs 1x a week.
- Establish my training plan for the half marathon so I know when to start doing the long runs.
- Keep up working out 3-4x a week for the whole month.
December Food Goals:
- Try to eat home as much as possible given the travel schedule and the amount of eating out I will be doing with all of the traveling.
- Stick to a $50 weekly budget for food.
- Drink a lot of water even during traveling.
December Personal Goals:
- Read at least 1 novel during the month.
- Try to get 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Try not to let the busyness of the month take away from all the quality time ahead with family.
Whew! Long post but I love having this in writing to help hold me accountable!
How do you keep yourself on track when you’re super busy? How is December looking for you?