When I got home from Shenandoah Valley on Sunday afternoon, I had high hopes of getting a bunch of sh*t done. I planned to go to the grocery store, workout, and cook dinner at the very least, and then maybe relax a little. But you know what I did instead? I laid on the couch and didn’t move until it was time to get up for work on Monday. Sometimes that just needs to happen.
After work on Monday, getting things done was no longer an option, and I ended up having the most productive post-work night that I’ve had in a LONG time. It included:
- Going grocery shopping at Whole Foods on the way home from work.
- 2. Putting the bag full of groceries into the fridge (unpacked) and leaving immediately for a super hilly 4.5 mile run.
- Putting together my new bed that arrived, which took about 45 minutes since I put the rails on the wrong sides the first time around.
- Whipping up tofu, soba noodles, and veggies for dinner with homemade peanut sauce (peanut flour, water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger powder, garlic powder, and sesame oil).
- Cleaning the entire kitchen post-dinner since I was ravenous by the time dinner was ready so things might have been thrown around a bit.
- Packing breakfast/lunch/snacks for the next day.
- Showering. Yes, this counts as an accomplishment.
- Blow drying my hair.
- Planning my weight watchers meeting for yesterday morning, which was all about Decoding Menus and figuring out good things to order at restaurants. Did you know the average American eats 4.2 meals out per week!?
- Writing a blog post about my trip.
- Watching one episode of my newest obsession, Gossip Girl. Don’t judge.
- Making this meal plan for the week:
|Monday||English Muffin w/PB + Banana||Leftover Mexican Stuffed Peppers (recipe coming tomorrow!)||Greek Yogurt + Orange||Tofu w/Soba Noodles, Veggies + Peanut Sauce|
|Tuesday||Savory Oats w/Spinach + Babybel Cheese||Leftover Mexican Stuffed Pepper w/Salad, Apple||Greek Yogurt + Strawberries||Red Lentil + Spinach Soup|
|Wednesday||Oatmeal w/greek yogurt + thawed strawberries||Red Lentil + Spinach Soup w/salad||Cottage Cheese w/orange||Out for Dinner|
|Thursday||Toasted Waffle w/PB + Banana||Leftover Tofu + Veggies w/Peanut Sauce||Greek Yogurt + Strawberries||Out for Dinner|
|Friday||English Muffin w/Egg Whites + Cheese, Apple||Red Lentil + Spinach Soup||Popcorn + Orange||TBD|
Even though I didn’t sit down until after 10pm that night, it felt good to cross so much off my list, have a workout under my belt, and feel good about the week ahead.
Do you tend to get stuff done during the weeknights or mostly relax? I’m half and half. That was my Monday night, but then last night I just watched Gossip Girl and barely moved. 🙂