I have some exciting things to share on this Friday morning!
1. Shape.com did a feature of my story under the headline “7 Women Who Kept Their Weight Loss Resolutions” that went live today!!!
I’m featured along with several other amazing weight loss bloggers, so it’s really an honor to be there! While I “only” lost 18 pounds since rejoining Weight Watchers in December 2010, my resolution last year was to actually get to my goal weight after dancing around it for so long, and those 18 pounds were the hardest part of the journey (and the hardest to keep off, apparently!). I finally got there in May 23, two years, two months, and nine days after signing up for Weight Watchers. Check out the article here!
2. I just found out that I am officially going to be a Weight Watcher’s leader…
starting the week after next!!!!!! I am SO excited that the time has finally come for me to have my own meeting, I can’t even put it into words!! More details to come!!
3. The Washingtonian’s Well+Being Blog
They did a piece on my weight loss story early last year, touting me a “Health Hero” (which still totally blows my mind to see next to my name). Earlier this week, they posted a follow up article checking back in with me, called “Checking Back in with 2011 Health Heroes.” They even used the picture from my spread in the Washingtonian Magazine from the September Issue!
4. The guy behind DietingSmarter.com emailed me a few weeks ago to ask my take on why so many people don’t achieve their new years resolution to lose weight. The article, “Make Your Weight Loss Resolutions Stick in 2012” was published earlier this week. Click over to see my advice, along with several other awesome weight loss bloggers, for tips on how to make this time “for real”.
5. And FINALLY, I am so excited to announce that I am going to be partnering as an ambassador for Attune Foods for the first half of 2012 (and possibly longer depending on how it goes)!
In case you’re not familiar, Attune Foods is a small company that makes healthy foods with the simplest of ingredients. I first discovered them at the Healthy Living Summit in 2010, and have been hooked ever since. You can check out my profile by clicking here, as well as see the other ambassadors here.
The products are actually already in the Weight Watchers E-Tools, and my favorite is probably a tie between the Cinnamon Grahams (3 pts+ for 2 big ones that are DELICIOUS) as well as the chocolate probiotic bars. Those are harder to find on the shelves, but they clock in at just 3 pts+ a pop and are a good size for the number of Points. I also eat the Uncle Sams cereal when in need of a crunch with greek yogurt and fruit. The ingredients: Whole wheat kernels, whole flaxseed, salt, barley malt. That’s it! While the cereal clocks in higher in PointsPlus (6pts+ for 3/4 of a cup), I usually use 1/4 of cup (same as a serving of granola) which is just 2 pts+ and the perfect amount.
I will be writing a monthly blog post for them in the “Weight Loss Wednesdays” column, and I’ll link to it on here so you can see. The theme for this month is “Real Change”, and there are a few other ambassadors who will be contributing to the column as well. I’m really excited to be working with Attune Foods!!
2012 is shaping up pretty well so early in the year!! 🙂