Hey! How has your Wednesday been? Mine has actually been really good! The weather held up for most of the day, so I got to run the errands I put off yesterday and now have another pair of work pants that fit! Woohoo. I had an awesome snack in the afternoon around 4:30.
A plain Chobani with a packet of Truvia, a crushed Weetabix biscuit, and 1 tbsp coconut flakes. Delicious. As soon as 5pm rolled around, it started sprinkling outside, but it was still pretty warm, so I came home and decided to go for a run. It actually felt GREAT. There were parts of the run that were tough (miles 1-2, and 4.5-5.5) but overall it was much better than Saturday, and the light rain actually kept me cool. I also remember my ipod shuffle this time, which was a lifesaver. 🙂
Distance: 6.00 miles
Avg Pace: 9:46 min/mile
Avg Speed: 6.1 mph
Calories Burned: 701
I’m glad to be back to running where it actually feels good! 🙂
After my run, I made an easy, delicious Creamy Tomato Soup that you have to try! This recipe is courtesy of my sister Wendy, with a few tweaks by me. This is all you need for the soup:
- 2 tsp oil of choice (I used olive)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used organic fire roasted)
- 1 container plain Chobani (You can substitute half and half)
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pot over medium heat
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until onion is soft, not browned
- Add can of tomatoes, juice and all, and stir in with onion
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes
- Mix with a hand blender, or a regular blender (but be careful not to close the lid fully since the soup will be hot!) to desired consistency. I left mine a little chunky because I like the soup that way.
- Mix in Chobani or desired amount of 1/2 and 1/2 and keep over the flame until heated through
- Garnish soup however you like. I used shredded cheddar.
This recipe makes 2 good sized bowls of soup (with 2 WW points each if you use the same ingredients I did) and is creamy, chunky, and delicious!
I had the soup with a toasted everything bagel thin with an over easy egg and more cheddar.
Such an easy and delicious dinner! I looove cream of tomato soup and this version is delicious and healthy too!
Dessert was 1/2 a mango, chopped up.
Off to catch up on the Biggest Loser and take it easy! Goodnight!