March turned out to be a pretty incredible month for me, especially since I’m still riding high from PRing at my half marathon this past Saturday. It was also pretty monumental for me because I started and finished training for Weight Watchers, and worked my first official meeting this past week. This was a huge long term goal that I’ve had my eyes on since I started following the program over two years ago, so I’m really happy it finally came to be.
Let’s take a look at last month’s goals and how I did with each of them.
Marvelous March Goals
1. Kill the half marathon on March 26th!! You can see the race recap here, but I PRed by shaving 5:32 off my time from my first half! I’d say check on this one!
2. Follow my half marathon training plan, continuing to focus on speed work and long runs! Check! I built up to the hardest run of my training plan – 5 miles of intervals – and went up to 11 miles on the long training runs.
3. Focus on strength training at least once a week, hopefully twice. Half check. I strength trained 3x during the entire month of March and wasn’t very consistent.
4. Post one new step-by-step recipe on here each week. March was an awesome month for new recipes! I had new recipes for Mini Mexican Casseroles, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Bundles, Microwave Risotto, Lentil Bolognese Sauce and Tostones.
5. Stick to under $75 per week in groceries and post the shopping trip goods on here to show how to eat well on a budget! Yup! You can see Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, and Week 5.
6. Get below 166 pounds – even 165.8 will be great. I didn’t reach my goal of getting under 166 at my official weigh in, though I did see it at home on the scale a few times. Running long distances makes me HUNGRY and I am very in tune with eating when my body wants it so I didn’t quite make it there.
7. Start researching marathon training plans to get excited about the full marathon at the end of October. The high from the half marathon is still making me feel pretty good about the full marathon, and I did start doing some research on training plans which says I’ll have to start officially training towards the end of June.
All in all, I think I did pretty great with my goals for this month and I’m really proud of all that I accomplished! I do think that setting the goal of losing any weight while I was in the final stages of training for a half marathon was unrealistic, especially since most people gain weight during training for such events. But now that that’s over…
Awesome April Goals
1. Meal Planning Mondays. Continue to stick to a $75 weekly budget for groceries, and post grocery store loot and meal planning ideas each week.
2. Continue to exercise 3-4 times a week even though I’m not training for anything. I created another shared document (feel free to check in on me!!) so I can keep track of my workouts and calorie burn for the month (each on separate tabs), and to keep myself in check. I tend to have a hard time staying consistent with workouts if I’m not training for something, so I want to be careful about that!
3. Enjoy Sunday’s Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. Enough said.
4. Strength train 1-2 times per week. No excuses. This will include The Shred, Bikram, and weights in the gym. I really want to get stronger and more toned!!
5. Continue to run 1-2 times a week so I don’t lose it, but also do cross training at least once a week so I don’t get burnt out from running. It should be getting nicer out this month so hopefully I can do a lot of biking outside!!
6. Focus on zoning into my goal weight. I’d like to get to my goal of 160 in April, but I’ll be happy even if I make some progress towards it and don’t get exactly to goal. I really want to start training to become a Leader for WW which I can’t do until I reach Lifetime.
7. Post at least one video during the month of April on here. I got a Flip HD video camera so I can make videos, and it’s time to do it! Feel free to leave any requests if there are specific things you’d like to see.
8. Watch less TV and read more. I only read one book in March (I’m With Fatty which was AWESOME) so I’d like to read two in April. (Suggestions welcome!!)
9. Reorganize my kitchen and blog about it! My pantry/cabinets are SO disorganized you won’t even believe it. Well, maybe you will. One of the big projects I want to tackle in April is to clean out and reorganize everything in there. I’m actually kind of excited about it!
Questions for today:
- What was the highlight of March for you?
- What’s your biggest goal for April?
- Is there anything you’d like to see on here that you don’t see or topics you’d like addressed that I haven’t yet?