Hi guys! Happy Wednesday to you.
As I’ve gotten into the habit of doing on Wednesdays, I have a bunch of random things to share, so here goes!
- I lost 1.4 yesterday at my weigh in, making my total 13.8 down since I rejoined Weight Watchers in December! This means I’m only 7.8 pounds from my goal weight, and passed my February goal of hitting 168!! So close I can taste it.
- I had a healthy date with my friend Amber last night, and it was SO fun. We hadn’t seen each other in over a month, so she came over for dinner, wine and lots of catching up. We talked for hours!!
3. Tempeh Tacos – I had been envisioning making tempeh into tacos, and I finally took the plunge last night and they turned out AMAZING. I bought this package the last time I was at Trader Joe’s:
And I literally grated the whole block on a cheese grater until it was all crumbled.
For the taco filling, I heated 1 tbsp of olive oil then added in 1 chopped onion and cooked it for 3-4 minutes. After it was soft and a little translucent, I added in the grated tempeh and a packet of low sodium taco sauce. I let it cook over low heat for 15 minutes and it turned out SO good.
Adding the taco seasoning and onions took the bitterness completely away from the tempeh and the texture of this mixture was out of this world.
The entire pan was 15 pts+, and I divided into three servings (one for each of us and one for lunch) for 5 pts+ per serving. We had it stuffed in corn tortillas, with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and a huge salad on the side.
4. Exercise wise, this week is going great. I took Sunday as a complete rest day, did Bikram Monday night, and woke up before work Tuesday for a 4.5 mile run. It was a little tough because I was low on fuel from Bikram the night before, but I was so glad to get it over with before work. I also woke up this morning and did my interval training before work, and now I have the night free! (In case you want to keep up with my training, I’ve been updating this spreadsheet daily, and added a second tab with calorie burn on it)
5. I have been digging eating fruit straight out of the freezer lately. Last night I munched on pineapple tidbits and sliced strawberries, and the day before half a banana and some grapes. It takes longer to eat plus it just tastes so good!
6. While Amber was watching me whip around the kitchen last night, she said she really thinks I should start making some YouTube videos with cooking tips and quick meals, because as good as words/pictures are to describe techniques, videos can be even better. Plus, she thinks it’ll make it easier to get my spastic (but awesome) (and modest) personality across.
What are your thoughts on this? Would cooking tips/tricks on video be something you’d be interested in seeing from me?