In case you missed it, the Beth’s Journey DietBet starts today and it’s not too late to sign up!
Every January, Weight Watchers releases a new innovation on the program and for January 2014, it’s called, “Simple Start”. The way Simple Start works is it’s a two week program designed to get you eating the right foods without having to weigh or measure everything you eat. There are a list of allowable Power Foods that you can pick and choose from, including fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nonfat dairy, lean proteins, and some extras. If you stick to picking foods from that list and pay attention to your hunger signals, you don’t have to portion everything out. On top of those “safe” foods that you can eat from, you get 7 extra points per day for treats (aka 2 <tiny> glasses of wine if you’re me). I love that you don’t have to weight and measure everything because it’s a great way to get back into the swing of things and not feel too overwhelmed, especially if you’re new to the program.
You’ll notice this sounds veeeeery similar to the Simply Filling Technique, and it is. The main difference is, instead of using the 49 weekly points however you want (all at once, divided between a few events during a given week, or spread out however you like), they recommend spreading them out evenly during the two week Simple Start program and using 7 per day.
Since the Beth’s Journey DietBet starts today, I decided to give it a try this week (and maybe next) to see how it goes, though I’ve not been able to stick with the Simply Filling Technique before, so we’ll see what happens!
Here’s the menu plan I came up with for the week:
||Eggs sandwich with ham on a sandwich thin
||English muffin w/turkey + cheese, broiled with grapefruit on the side
||Turkey chili w/sour cream + radishes for crunch
||shredded wheat w/banana + skim milk
||Greek yogurt w/shredded wheat + blueberries
||turkey chili w/sour cream + radishes
||Grilled chicken thighs w/homemade tzatziki + roasted sweet potato
||cottage cheese + grapefruit
||English muffin w/ cottage cheese + grapefruit
||chicken thighs w/tzatziki over salad with cucumbers + tomatoes
||Roasted chickpeas + eggplant w/brown rice
||greek yogurt w/mashed banana
||Veggie egg scramble w/toasted english muffin
||roasted chickpeas + eggplant over greens
||turkey chili w/radishes + cheese
||air popped popcorn + grapefruit
||Cottage Cheese w/blueberries + shredded wheat
||turkey sandwich on sandwich thin with sprouts, popcorn + blueberries
||smoothie w/skim milk, banana, berries, and raw oatmeal
And, in looking back at last week’s goals:
- Workout 3x+ this week. I only went back to the gym twice, and my goal was to go for 20+ minutes because right now I’m focusing on getting back into the habit of working out. I went twice, and ran for 25 and 30 minutes each time. I also did a walk outside on Saturday for 2.5 miles, but I really wanted to get to the gym 3x, so I’m going to make this another goal.
- Eat out only once this week. Done! I ate out Thursday Night for restaurant week, and then managed to bring breakfast and lunch to work, and make dinner every other night. Woohoo!
- Limit to 2 glasses of wine. I had a few more than two one night of the weekend, but other than that I limited drinking to twice a week.
- Drink 3+ glasses of water during the day. Nope. I definitely drank more water than normal, but I need to keep working on it.
- Get in bed by 11pm every day. I was in bed by 11pm a few nights last week, but this is another thing I need to focus on.
So, with that said, here are my goals for this week:
- Workout 3x+ this week. I went on a 4.5 mile walk yesterday, so one down already!
- Drink 3+ glasses of water during the day.
- Get to bed by 11pm during the work week.
- Stick to Simply Filling Technique each day during the work week.
And that’s it!
What’s one thing you want to focus on this week?