Last week I had my 6 week post-op check up with Dr. Ruff of Ruff Plastic Surgery, and he sat down with me and answered a list of questions that I compiled from you guys! I knew most of the answers to these questions but it was really fun to talk to him (in regular clothes and not a surgical gown, to boot).
Here’s a look at the video:
- What are some of the most common procedures that people who have undergone massive weight loss consider?
- How many areas would you recommend operating on at one time?
- At what point in a weight loss journey is it recommended to look into a body contouring surgery like this?
- Do you have any recommendations while people are undergoing the weight loss itself to reduce the need for surgery like this?
- How old is “too old” for someone to consider a procedure like this?
- How would this surgery impact future pregnancies? How would getting pregnant affect the results?
- Can you talk a little bit about the nerve pain – why it happens and how long it lasts?
- How long after a procedure like this do you see the final outcome?
- Even though it varies from individual to individual, can you talk a little bit about the cost of a surgery like this? Will insurance ever cover it?
- What are the most important things to look into when you are selecting a plastic surgeon?
Hope you guys enjoyed the video and my awkwardness!
He did say if any other questions come up he’d be more than happy to address them, so let me know if you think of anything else!