As you may or may not know, with my current job, I am able to work from home on Thursdays and Fridays. It’s pretty glorious because I love being in the office a couple days and then home for two – it really is a great balance. This also means that Thursdays and Fridays I don’t have to pack breakfast/lunch/snacks, and can actually cook my meals at home. Because of this, I’ve been having eggs in some form almost every Thursday and Friday for breakfast, and then sticking with oats for most of the days that I’m eating at work since those are easier to transport.
This weekend, I made a big batch of tempeh fajitas with green peppers, red onion, corn, and lots of spices. It was enough for one big serving on Sunday with two servings for the week to use for fajita salads. I made dressing for the salads is greek yogurt mixed with salsa – which tastes wayyyy better than it looks in pictures.
I also made a big batch of oats to carry me through the first couple days of the week, and then this meal plan was born:
|Monday||Pumpkin Cottage cheese Oats||Tempeh Taco Salad||2 TJ’s Smoked Chardonnay Chicken Apple Sausages w/veggies||Greek yogurt w/Very Cherry Blend|
|Tuesday||Savory Oats w/spinach||Chicken Apple Sausage w/veggies over greens||Breakfast Burrito w/eggs, refried beans, avocado||Cottage cheese w/pineapple|
|Wednesday||Pumpkin cottage cheese oats||Tempeh Taco Salad||Chicken Apple Sausage w/Eggs||Apple w/string cheese|
|Thursday||Soft boiled eggs w/english muffin + fruit||Chicken Apple Sausage w/veggies over greens||Zaytinya for Restaurant Week!!||Green smoothie|
|Friday||Egg and Cheese Sandwich, fruit||Sweet potato with black beans and salsa||TBD||Greek yogurt w/very cherry blend|
In looking through my menu for the week, there are a couple trends that I notice:
- I eat a lot of eggs. Pretty much every day because I even put an egg white in my oats.
- I tend to have meat once a day at the most.
- I don’t mind repeating things a few times a week, but not within the same day.
- My snacks are always protein (cottage cheese, greek yogurt, cheese, milk, etc) paired with fruit. And boring. But that’s OK.
- I go through phases with food, and a toasted English muffin with smashed avocado and a touch of sea salt has been high on my list lately. Even though you see it on this menu plan only once, that’s because I had about 5 of them over the weekend. Yum. Before this newest phase, it was refried beans and cheese. I could not get enough!
- I like easy things during the week nights. Aka, cooks in less than 15 minutes. Those chicken apple sausages come in a pack of 4 and sometimes if I’m feeling super lazy, I just microwave them in a paper towel for one minute and they’re still so good.
- I probably need to eat more veggies. I am really good about eating a ton of fruit, but I should focus on having veggies as part of my snacks.