Here are some of my favorite posts from this blog – enjoy!
Weight Loss Related
- My Turning Point
- Two Years, Two Months, Nine Days
- Fat Girl Mentality
- Why I Quit Weight Watchers (the old program)
- Slipping (why I wanted to rejoin)
- First Impressions of Weight Watchers PointsPlus (the new program)
- A Few of My Favorite Things
- How I Started Running
- Rock N Roll Philly Half Marathon Recap
- Whole Foods Weight Watcher: Breakfast Ideas
- Whole Foods Weight Watcher: Quick Meal Ideas
- Whole Foods Weight Watcher: Snack Ideas
- Whole Foods Weight Watcher: Dessert Ideas
After maintaining an 88 pound weight loss (give or take a few pounds) for over two years, I decided to move forward with plastic surgery to take care of the extra skin and fat around my abdomen that diet and exercise wouldn’t help budge by getting an extended abdominoplasty with flank lipo. My surgery was on July 29, 2013 with Dr. Ruff of Ruff Plastic Surgery in Washington, DC and I candidly wrote about every step of the journey.
- Next Phase of My Journey – the reasons behind why I’ve decided to move forward with plastic surgery.
- Date Set and Tummy Tuck Resources – setting the date and the best sources of information I’ve found around the web.
- Choosing My Plastic Surgeon – what happens during the plastic surgery consultation and how I decided on my doctor.
- Pre-Op Appointment – my last appointment before surgery itself!
- Today is the Day – my fears going into surgery, plus what I’m most looking forward to in the after.
- The Flat Side: The Day of Surgery – how the day itself went down.
- The Flat Side: The Next Few Days – post op days 1-4 and the obstacles encountered during early recovery.
- The Procedures, The Concerns, and The Photos – a breakdown of the procedures I had, addressing my concerns from before the operation, and before and progress photos.
- Whining – frustrations around days 9 and 10 post op.
- Ending the Week on a High Note – two exciting updates towards the end of week 2 post op.
- Two Weeks Post Op – changes from the last week and updated photos.
- Three Weeks Post Op – new things from the last week plus updated progress pics.
- Four Weeks Post Op – new things from the past week, with one especially exciting change.
- Six Weeks Post Op – updates from the last two weeks, plus a super embarrassing story!
- Q&A with Dr. Ruff – a video where I ask Dr. Ruff 10 questions from readers about plastic surgery after major weight loss.