Hi guys! I’m so glad you enjoyed yesterday’s guest post about making risotto in the microwave. Emily is quite a character. She does a killer velociraptor impression that I can’t even begin to articulate if you needed any more evidence of her cool factor.
But today, you’re stuck with me and my crazy ramblings so let’s get started, shall we?
1. Yesterday morning I completed the hardest day of training run of my whole half marathon – 5 miles of intervals. I started with .25 miles at 5.8mph (10:20 pace) and then did .25 miles at 7.0mph (8:34 pace). Times ten. TEN! I remember seeing that at the beginning of the training and thinking there was no way on earth I could possibly do it, but slowly and surely I built up to it over the last 11 weeks and felt like a million bucks when it was over.
2. I have to say I’m feeling a lot better about the half now than I was after the terrible long run last weekend and am actually getting pretty excited for it to be here – a week from Saturday! I decided I’m definitely NOT running 12 miles this weekend, and will instead do between 6 and 8 on Saturday as my last long run prior to the race. I’m also going to try to incorporate Bikram as much as possible between now and then, hopefully 2-3 times.
3. I had my second day of training for Weight Watchers Tuesday night and I still feel as great about it I did after day one. It’s kind of crazy how much I love it and look forward to it each week. I can’t wait to figure out which meeting I’ll be working at permanently once I’m fully trained!
4. I made my lentil loaf again on Monday and I can’t get over how awesome and moist it is. This time, I added 2 servings of Annie’s Organic BBQ sauce to the top before baking and it made the whole loaf 30 pts+, or 5 pts+ for each serving since I made 6 large slices. I’ve been excited to have leftovers for lunch almost all week and have been looking forward to it each day because it’s so tasty. I have been loving make a big batch of something on Monday so I have access to quick meals during the week!
4. I am super excited because I got an email about the Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference, a new healthy living conference this year, saying they were giving out scholarships. I applied for one and got it, so they comped my registration! I still have to get out to Boulder, CO (never been and can’t wait!) as well as get a hotel, but I’m so excited to have something else to look forward to on my schedule! Is anyone else attending this conference??
5. Last thing. I saw this going around the blog world a while back and wanted to do it myself – better late than never, right? Below are five things about me – four are true, and one is not.
- A police officer once asked me, “What’s your deal, Ms. Klein?”
- When I was little, my sisters convinced me to eat cat food because they told me it was people food, too.
- I pierced my own belly button when I was 16.
- I am the only member of my immediate family who has not been arrested.
- In high school, a cop told my parents that I was the “procurer of alcohol” for my town’s youth.
Can you guess which is the lie? Do you have any surprising truths?