As I sit here on the Sleep Number bed in my hotel room (my number is 40, by the way), I can’t get over how much time I’ve spent in hotels this year. I know a lot of people travel all the time for their jobs, so the amount I travel pales in comparison, but for me this year has been crazy with the amount of trips! Check it out:
- January: San Diego, CA – one week – Work Conference
- May: Baltimore, MD – 3 days – FitBloggin’
- June: Indianapolis, IN – 4 days – Work Conference
- June: New York, NY – 3 days – Visit Family
- July: Shenandoah Valley, VA – Birthday Getaway
- July: Boston, MA – 3 days – Bachelorette Party
- August: Philadelphia, PA – 3 days – Healthy Living Summit
- September: Charlotte, NC – 8 days – Work Conference
- September: New Orleans, LA – 4 days – Work Exam
- October: Chicago, IL – 3 days – Weight Watchers Training
- November: Sacramento, CA – 3 days – Work Course
- November: San Francisco, CA – 3 days – Pleasure
Notice, 11 of those 12 trips have been in the past 6 months, and I’m sure I’m forgetting some. Whew!
Speaking of staying in hotels, the one I’m currently at has the cutest toiletries!
Do you see what’s peaking out from back there?
A loofah! I’ve never had a hotel give me one of those and I LOVE them and realize it’s one of the things I miss the most from my shower at home.
It’s funny because as I was trying to make sure I didn’t forget any of the trips, I searched my blog for “hotel” and the first sentence of many of the posts were “healthy living didn’t go so well” and “time to get back on track”. Clearly traveling is something I majorly struggle being healthy with – so don’t be surprised if you see another one of those “Back on Track” posts next week…
That said, I did workout over the lunch break from the course yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I ran about 4.0 miles in 40 minutes outside, and then did 3 sets of this circuit (that I came up with myself as I was doing it) back in my hotel room:
- 10 squats
- 10 lunges on each leg
- 10 pushups
- 10 dips (on the coffee table)
It had my heart pumping and I ended up burning 575 calories in 55 minutes according to my Polar. I probably should have added some abs in there to make it more well-rounded, but too late for that! I took a quick shower, got dressed again, and was back at the course just before the 1.5 hours were up. I wish I had that long for lunch normally! It was such a pick me up in the middle of the day and left me feeling great for the rest of the day.
And with that, I’m heading to San Francisco tonight and I could not be more excited! It will be my first time ever visiting and I have heard SUCH great things. The thing I’m looking forward to least is the redeye back on Monday evening – my first one ever. I am pretty great at sleeping on planes but I can’t imagine it’s going to be that fun regardless.
Where is your favorite place to visit in the US?