I’ve had a few people ask about Overnight Oats and if it’s a special type of oats or what it is. So rather than responding in the comments section (because I doubt many people go back to look at those), I’ll just say it here. Overnight oats are just regular old oats that you prepare the night before and leave in the fridge overnight.. thus the name overnight oats. I use rolled oats, but you can use instant oats, multi grain hot cereal, or any other kind, except steel cut because those require a bit of cooking. My friend Allison actually went to three different stores looking for something labeled “Overnight Oats” but had no luck because no such thing exists! 🙂
I’ve seen this survey on quite a few blogs today, so I thought I’d answer the questions myself and show you a little bit about me. Here goes..
- Where would you be able to spend hours and be happy? Outside, especially at the beach and not at a desk.
- What’s your favorite kind of doughnut? Glazed or Boston cream!
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? No tattoos, and no interesting piercings. I have my ears pierced twice and my cartilage pierced on my right ear. I did pierce my own bellybutton at age 15 but have since removed it, but that’s a whole different story. 😉
- What is your favorite movie? Ohh this is tough. I love Woody Allen movies (especially Annie Hall) and anything with Will Ferrell, but I also love Juno, Lost in Translation, and Walk the Line. Can’t pick one!
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My boyfriend… he was in southern VA for the night last night so I talked to him before bed.
- Are you still friends with the people you knew in middle school or high school? A select few, but my parents have moved out of Connecticut where I grew up and now live in New Jersey so I don’t get to see them much!
- What is the last thing you ate? See below… artichoke ravioli and massaged kale salad for lunch.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A pediatrician for a while there.
- Name three things that are close to you: My computer, my water bottle, and a calculator. Random.
- What was your best subject in school? Math until I got to calculus. Downhill from there.
- What is your favorite restaurant? Even harder than the movie question… Minh for Vietnamese, Café Asia for happy hour (sushi), Blue Duck Tavern if I want to spend more money than I have.
- Any hidden talents? I don’t know if this counts, but I have extremely fast reflexes. I’m really clumsy and drop things a lot, but usually catch them before they fall, so it evens out.
- What is your middle name? Anne.
- What is your favorite website? Facebook and healthy living blogs J
- How old were you when you had your first kiss? It’s not memorable.. no idea!
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate fo’ sho.
- What is your favorite girl’s name? Favorite boy’s name? Kylie and Jake.
- Favorite store? Express for clothes or Williams Sonoma.
- Would you rather be a rock star or a famous athlete? Rockstar.
- Favorite food? Spicy tuna rolls or eel sushi or Pho with Vietnamese summer rolls.
- What are you wearing right now? Black/white/pink plaid work pants, a pink t-shirt with a black sweater over it, and gray flats.
- What is your favorite animal? Fish I guess. Easiest to take care of 😉
- Did you graduate from college? Sure did, George Washington University ’06. Summa Cum Laude, baby.
- What does your last text message say? How’s the train ride going? (to my boyfriend on his way back to DC)
- Do you have any nicknames? BK, Bethy, Betty Boop (my family), EOE (this one’s for you Allison)… but most people just call me Beth.
Now your turn!
1.) Favorite Food
2.) Any hidden talents?
3.) Best subject in school.
Onto my Lunch…
Today was leftover Artichoke Ravioli with Red Pepper Coulis. I made 16 last night, and ended up eating 10, so 6 left for lunch. I also had another Massaged Kale Salad, and some baby carrots on the side.
Disclaimer: My baby carrots are in a ziplock, but I will be reusing it for other carrots/veggies for the rest of the week so I’m a little greener. 🙂
If you haven’t yet jumped on the Massaged Kale bandwagon, you are seriously missing out.
This salad takes such a short time to prepare and is so flavorful and delicious. I ate it before the ravioli if that gives you an idea of how good it is! Plus, kale is such a nutritional powerhouse and is SO good for you, but can be difficult or intimidating to prepare because it can be bitter and not that tender. Eating it this way makes it like a lot of other salad greens but even more delicious and nutritious… try it!!