How is it only Tuesday!? I woke up today and could barely believe we’re only into day two of the week… I have so much to do that it wouldn’t be possible to get it all done if it was Thursday, but still.
To help console myself, I made pancakes for breakfast. Not just any pancakes, but Chocolate Frosted Banana Pancakes.
I realize that frosting looks like it leaves something to be desired, but it was delicious, I promise. I had made these once before, but this time I put banana in the pancakes as well as in the frosting.
I love how the bananas caramelize in the pan and get all brown and gooey.
In the mix:
- 2 tbsp pancake and waffle mix (1 pt)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (1 pt)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds (.5 pts)
- 2 tbsp egg whites (0 pts)
- 1 medium banana (1.5 pts), divided (1/2 in the pancakes, 1/2 in the frosting)
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (0 pts)
- 1/4 cup light soy milk (2 tbsp in the pancakes, 2 tbsp in the frosting)
These were awesome and the perfect thing to get me motivated to start my day.
Lunch was my first use of the 4 heads of cabbage (1/2 down, 3.5 heads to go) and it was quite a success!
I made a chopped cabbage salad which coincidentally is vegan as well.
The mix had:
- 1.5 cups raw cabbage (0 pts)
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and chopped (0 pts)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (0 pts)
- 1/2 mango, chopped (1 pt)
- 1/2 cup black beans (1 pt)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (0 pts)
- 1 tsp olive oil (1 pt)
- salt and pepper to taste (0 pts)
It was AWESOME. I honestly wasn’t too sure how it was going to turn out because I just kept randomly throwing things in there, but it worked perfectly. The textures and colors went so well together, and the vinegar was the perfect background flavor. I probably would have added cilantro if I had some, but overall, take one on the cabbage was a big success! With the salad, I also had some organic red grapes (1 pt).
So the whole lunch was only 4 points and super satisfying.
Whats your favorite produce right now? I have been loving peaches lately since I’ve been getting them in my farmshare for a few weeks, but grapes are always a favorite. I’m lucky I love fruit and veggies so its very easy for me to get lots of servings of them in every day.