One of my June Goals was to go back to Weight Watchers, which I did on June 24th for the first time since early April. I had gained 3 pounds in the 3 months that I’d taken a hiatus from going, which is not too bad considering that I didn’t count points and did a lot of drinking and having fun. I have been on WW since March 2009, and have basically been the same weight since January, so it’s really time to just push forward and get to my goal weight already. With my weigh in at the end of June, I had 9 pounds to go to get to my goal weight.
I skipped weigh in (WI) last week because I had a really busy day at work and had meetings over lunch, but I went back today. During those two weeks, I lost 2.6 pounds!! I was so happy to see a pretty significant move on the scale since I haven’t seen one of those in ages, and this means I only have 6.4 pounds until I’m at my goal weight! I’d like to put out there that my personal goal weight is 4-14 pounds lower than my WW goal weight, but I’m not really in a rush to get there, I just think my body will naturally get there once it’s ready. I am in a rush to get to my WW goal though, so that I can become a lifetime member and stop paying! I’d also love the opportunity to be a Leader and run the meetings, and you have to be Lifetime in order to do that.
So, I am setting some goals for myself for this week to keep myself on the losing train:
- Workout 5 times – Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I’m flexible with what I do, but I’d like to do the Shred at least once, Bikram at least once, and run 2x.
- Finalize My Half-Marathon Training Plan – The half marathon is somehow only 11 weeks from this weekend!! I will share my plan once it’s developed fully, but this week is the week I have to do it!
- Limit Alcohol – Saturday night I’m celebrating my birthday with my friends, first with a birthday dinner and then going out on the town, so that night there will be plenty of booze (and it will also be my “free” day). Besides that day, I’d like to keep drinking to a minimum. My eating habits and drinking tend to go hand in hand (as in eat bad and way too much when I drink) and I don’t have any other special stuff going on so it should be doable.
- Lots of Water – I’ve been OK about this most of the time, but in this intense heat its even more important to get a lot of water in, and I think getting sick on my birthday night had a lot to do with not drinking enough water. 8 cups a day minimum, and more when exercising.
- Daily Multivitamin – I stopped taking multivitamins for some reason and need to get back into the habit of taking one daily, even though I eat a pretty balanced diet and get in most of my nutrients naturally. I just took one for today, so check! 🙂
Lunch today was a loaded salad that was deeeeelicious.
- Kale (0 pts)
- 1 tsp garlic gold oil (1 pt)
- carrots (0 pts)
- broccoli (0 pts)
- 2 tbsp garlic hummus (1 pt)
- 1 oz RF feta cheese (1 pt)
- 1/2 serving tempeh (2 pts)
This salad was really big and satisfying since there was so much going on. I rubbed the oil onto the kale and it was the first time I tried the Garlic Gold Oil and it is AWESOME. There is garlic at the bottom so the whole jar is really flavorful and added a nice kick to the salad.
Do you set daily, weekly, or monthly goals for yourself? What are you currently working on? Do you find they help you stay on track or just get you overwhelmed? I’ve just recently started setting shorter term goals and I like it because they are easier to stick with than my big goals like “get to goal weight” and help me make mindful decisions.