TGIF!! Tomorrow is my first day off work in 12 days, so as I’m sure you can imagine, I’m really looking forward to it. Plans for the weekend include a 7 mile run (eek), dinner with my girlfriends, church, a meeting I get to tell you about next week, and then going to Philly on Monday to see Harper (and my sis). He’s been home for a week and I finally get to hold him!!!!! It makes me so happy I could cry.
To spice this Friday up a bit, I finally decided to come up with a list of some things I don’t think you know about me. I was tagged a few times with the Stylish Blogger Award but honestly couldn’t think of anything interesting to share, so I have been stalling! Thank you Kara, Stephanie, and Michelle for tagging me!
This award means they think I have great style (ha!), enjoy reading my blog, and appreciate my contribution to the blogging community. How nice! To accept, I have to share 7 things about myself, so here goes!
- Despite the obvious contradiction here, I played Goldilocks in my 4th grade play.
- In person, I am extremely sarcastic. My boyfriend always says to just assume whatever I say is not true. If there was a sarcasm font, my blog would have a much different voice.
- I didn’t go abroad in college. I applied for a program in Grenoble, France, got accepted, and then didn’t go because it was during my boyfriend at the time’s last semester of college (he was one year older). I came up with several other reasons that I couldn’t go, but they were really just excuses. It’s one of my biggest regrets.
- Once, I was in a crowded bar and was introduced to a guy. After we exchanged names, for the first time ever in my life (or since!), I said “What, no handshake?” He replied, “I would if I could.” It turned out he had no arms. True story.
- I had emergency back surgery back in 2006. I woke up one day and literally could not get up after having some minor pain for a few weeks beforehand. I was sent to a doctor, then to the hospital, and then had surgery the very next day. Luckily, I’ve had no issues since (relating only to my back, obviously).
- I worked at Friendly’s as a waitress when I was 16 through 19 years old, and actually worked at three different locations, crossing the state border into NY for one of them. To this day, I can still scoop a mean cone of ice cream.
- My favorite food of all time, hands down, is cheese, and I don’t discriminate about the type. Soft cheese, hard cheese, string cheese, cottage cheese, babybel cheese, shredded cheese, brie, goat, blue, feta. You get the drift. It’s the main reason I could never go vegan. I’ve seriously considered renaming my blog Beth Eats Cheese. No joke.
Everyone and their mother has already done this, but if you haven’t, I TAG YOU (yes, you).
Share something about yourself that I don’t know about you! Do any of the things on my list surprise you? I’m so looking forward to reading the responses.