Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend… I know I did! It was pretty low key, but was just what I needed. I managed to make it out both Saturday and Sunday for a super hilly 4.5 mile run outside (the same route both days) and I was really proud of myself for being active both days. It feels like it’s been a while since I’ve done that!
Yesterday I spent a little time doing meal planning for the week and then headed to Trader Joe’s for shopping. I made this incredible Chickpea + Date Tagine last week from Vegetarian Times Magazine and it was SO delicious that I was dying to make it again. Since Trader Joe’s didn’t have dates, I ended up swinging by Whole Foods to get some – that’s how good it is! I’ll be posting the recipe later this week, so stay tuned.
I also broke out the slow cooker this morning for the first time in ages and currently have Sweet Potato and Red Bean Stew cooking in there and I cannot WAIT for dinner. I can’t tell if it’s funny or sad how excited food makes me… but assuming it turns out as great as I hope it does, I’ll be sharing that recipe as well.
Here’s the meal plan for the week:
|Monday||Pumpkin Oats w/Cottage Cheese||Leftover Chickpea + Date Tagine (recipe coming)||Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Red Bean Stew|
|Tuesday||Greek Yogurt w/Berries + Cereal||Sweet Potato + Red Bean Stew||Tofu w/Delicata Squash and Zucchini|
|Wednesday||Pumpkin Oats w/Cottage Cheese||Leftover tofu + veggies over greens||Chickpea + Date Tagine over spinach|
|Thursday||English muffin w/pb + banana||Chickpea + Date Tagine over spinach||Sweet potato stew|
|Friday||Pumpkin Oats w/Cottage Cheese||Sweet Potato Stew w/salad||TBD|
As you can see above, I basically made it so that I am only cooking one night this week (tofu tomorrow night), and will be working off the slow cooker stew and leftovers from last night’s Chickpea + Date Tagine all week. Hopefully I won’t get sick of any of it, but judging by how good the stew was smelling this morning and how delicious I know last night’s dinner was, I don’t think I will! This will also free up my evenings so I can take it easy this week, which is important because this will be the last week for a while that I don’t have a lot going on during the week nights.
- Sunday: 4.5 mile outdoor run (Check!)
- Monday: Club Strength + Cardio Kickboxing
- Tuesday: Rest
- Wednesday: Body Pump?
- Thursday: Spinning
- Friday: Outdoor run
This will be my fourth week in a row going to tonight’s Club Strength class and I am really proud of myself for being so consistent with it! I normally really struggle with strength training but now that I’ve found a class and instructor I really like, it makes it a LOT easier to stick with. Ideally I’d like to be strength training at least twice a week, but once is way better than zero. AND, I am hoping to make it to my first ever Body Pump class Wednesday morning – let’s hope I can get in/wake up in time to go!
I mentioned during December’s Goal Post that I’m going to be setting weekly goals this month because I really need to make progress on my weight and know that setting smaller goals will help feed into the larger one of getting back to my goal weight. Monthly goals are usually good enough for me, but since I’ve been struggling lately I need to set weekly ones as well. My plan is to check back in on the goals on Friday to make sure that I’m sticking with it!
- Stick to 26-29 PointsPlus per day Monday through Friday. PointsPlus 2012 launches this week, and the new daily minimum is 26 pts+/day. I still get 29, but would be comfortable with 26 if I feel satisfied.
- Limit drinking to 1-2 glasses of wine per night (at most) Monday through Friday. This one shouldn’t be too difficult since I don’t have any happy hours/holiday parties going on this week! Can’t say the same about the rest of the month…
- Take only 2 days off from working out Monday-Friday. Last week, I only worked out Monday and then not again until the weekend, and 4 days off in a row is too many for me.
- Get at least one morning workout in this week. It’s been far too long since I’ve done that…
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water while at my desk each day this week. Need to get back on that, especially now that my skin is so dry from the winter/cold!
- Be in bed by 11pm the latest each night Monday through Thursday. All bets are off for Friday. =)
So that’s it for today!
What’s one goal you want to focus on for this week?
PS: Happiest of Birthdays to my sister Wendy!!!