Wow another month gone. I can’t believe we’re almost to the half way mark for 2011! I still sometimes have to remind myself what year it is, but I digress…
For May, I tried to keep the goal list short and simple, and while it was a monumental month for me in that I hit one huge goal, I didn’t meet everything I set out for myself to accomplish. Let’s take a look back at May and how I did.
1. Develop a training plan for my upcoming marathon. Check! Here is the plan that I came up with. The basic idea is that I will have 1 long run, 1-2 easy runs, 1 day of speed work, and one day of cross training. I built in a little bit more running than I want to in this plan, so that I can make adjustments accordingly and not feel guilty if I take extra rest days. I will be trying to do morning yoga on Mondays since there’s free outdoor yoga right near my apartment for one hour, and I think it’ll be a great way to start my week and get some stretching in.
2. Keep up working out 3-4+ times a week. Check. I’ve been keeping track of my workouts on this spreadsheet, and I think I’ve done a good job being consistent with working out and keeping it varied while I’m currently NOT training for something.
3. Post another video. FAIL. I have some ideas of new videos to do, but I just have to actually make them!
4. Lose 2 pounds and get to goal! CHHHHHHHEEECKKKKK. I think I’ve patted myself enough on the back for this one, but I’m proud. 🙂
May was a relatively low-key month, so I had a lot of downtime which was really nice. It was also the month of FitBloggin’, which was the best blog conference I’ve attended and so much fun!
June though, not so much. I have stuff going on every single weekend for the whole month, so the main goal is really to stay sane despite everything going on!
- June 3-6: Travel to Indianapolis for Work
- June 10-12: My sister is coming to visit DC!
- June 17-19: Going to visit my other sister in NYC
- June 25th: Harper’s Baptism in Philly
Really though, here’s what I want to do:
1.) Become Lifetime on Weight Watchers!! This will happen on June 23rd if all goes according to plan, because that will conclude my 6th week of maintenance since hitting goal.
2.) Continue to workout 3-4 times a week despite traveling a lot during the month.
3.) Start running 2-3 times a week (I’ve only been doing 1-2x a week) to get ready for marathon training.
4.) Do another giveaway on the blog! Giveaways are a fun way to show appreciation to you, my readers, and I’d like to get in the habit of arranging something about once a month.
5.) Arrange some guest posts to help keep up the blog despite the busy month. If you’re interested, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org, and let me know a specific topic you’d like to talk about.
6.) Try to embrace my down time. Since there will be less of it, I want to read a bit more and make sure I’m making time for relaxing as much as I can.
So that’s it!
What was the best/most fun thing that you did in May?