Hello! Sorry for the blogging hiatus, but I’m back and plan to be on regular schedule going forward, blogging after breakfast, lunch and dinner. As I mentioned during my trip in OKC, the powercord for my laptop broke, so my computer died and I had no way of charging it. It made it really tough to blog because typing long entries on my phone was semi-painful, plus having to take all the pictures on my droid instead of on my camera. I basically gave up after Saturday morning, but wanted to share a few highlights of the trip.
First, the frozen yogurt place. It was called Peach Wave, and was SO cute and delicious. Here’s a picture of the inside of the shop:
It was a self-serve frozen yogurt place, and they had 16 flavors of frozen yogurt to choose from!
Plus tons of different toppings, from fresh fruit, nuts and granola
to every kind of candy you could ever want
I went there twice during my trip to OKC. The first time I went the healthy route:
Plain tart yogurt with raspberries, kiwi, mochi, and organic granola. It was sooo good and the fruit was super fresh. The next night (no picture) I went the candy route, and got cookies and cream frozen yogurt with oreos and cookie dough. SO good, but definitely not the healthiest.
Instead of recounting every detail from the last four days, I’m just going to summarize what went right and what I need to work on for my next business trip (one in July and a big one in September coming up).
- I went to the gym 2x and got in great workouts and strength training
- I ate a lot of fruits and veggies the whole time I was there
- I ate a healthy breakfast every single day, either egg whites and veggies or oatmeal, plus lots of fresh fruit
- I ate at the buffet for several meals, and didn’t overdo it ONCE (This one is HUGE for me)
- I got back on track after indulging on weekend meals yesterday and ate really healthy even though I was traveling/in airports all day. Breakfast at the hotel of egg whites with veggies, skim milk, fresh fruit, and an english muffin. Lunch was at Moe’s and I got the Personal Trainer, which was basically a salad with black beans, veggies, rice, and pico de gallo. I opted out of cheese and the tortilla bowl, but did get chips on the side. Dinner was a Grilled Veggie Wrap and a fruit cup that I bought at the airport and ate on the final leg of my trip.
Better luck next time:
- I overindulged on dinner for the last three nights of my trip – Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Friday night was the crab feast, Saturday we went to Mexican and I had way too many chips and salsa, a margarita, and shrimp fajitas for my meal, and Sunday was the worst. We ate at the hotel bar and ordered chips with blue cheese melted on them, crab mac and cheese, and some other random snacky items – everything was shared but it was way too much and way too unhealthy and I woke up HURTING yesterday)
- I only went to the gym the first two days – I should have tried to squeeze one more trip in over the weekend to get myself refocused
- I didn’t drink enough water after the first few days
- I overpacked (not a huge deal, but my suitcase was really heavy and I only wore 1/2 of what I brought!)
- I drank too much coffee and now I feel myself craving it again when I hadn’t had it regularly for a few months before this trip
- I had a few too many drinks on the trip – I’ll leave it at that
I have another major highlight of the trip to share – a trip to an incredible art gallery (and I’m not really into art but this was amazing). I’ll save pictures of that for another post so this one doesn’t get out of control!
Today I am back to the grind. I still have to unpack since I didn’t get home until almost 10 last night, as well as go grocery shopping and just relax a bit so I can get my life back in order. I had an egg white puff breakfast sandwich this morning for breakfast.
I used 1/3 cup egg whites and microwaved them in a bowl for 1 minute. I added a bit of spinach which wilted from the hot eggwhites, and then some sriracha, all on an arnold thin. It was really good but I was hungry a bit later, so I dug into a banana that I bought yesterday for a snack on the plane and didn’t end up eating.
Back to work to sort through my millions of emails and catch up on everything I missed from being out of the office!
I know I’m a day late, but what was the highlight of your weekend? If nothing exciting happened, what are you looking forward to NEXT weekend? I have one of my best friend’s Bachelorettes on Saturday night in Atlantic City! We are staying at the Borgata and will be living it up and I can’t wait. All our best friends from college will be together for the first time in a while.