I stayed up way to0 late again last night because my boyfriend got home from work late and then we watched too much TV, so I woke up really cranky. I knew there was only one thing to bring me out of the funk and wake me up, a delicious breakfast. Presenting… Iced Banana Pancakes.
- 3 tbsp pancake/waffle mix (I use this kind)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (I used light soy)
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used almond)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (I used light soy)
- 3 slices of banana that won’t fit in pancakes
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray
- Microwave sliced banana for 30 seconds to soften
- Pour 1/2 the batter into skillet once its heated
- Add sliced bananas into the pancake
- Flip pancake
- Repeat steps 3-5 for second pancake.
- Take remaining banana (2-3 slices), add 1 tbsp nut butter and 2 tbsp milk, and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix icing with a fork until consistency is uniform
- Spread icing over the pancakes, half on each
- Eat and be in heaven.
The icing will look something like this when its done:
And the finished pancakes:
These were seriously sooooo good. Microwaving the bananas before putting them in the pancakes gets them really soft and makes the banana flavor spread throughout the pancake. The mashed banana, almond butter, and milk “icing” makes the perfect pancake topper and replacement for syrup. Plus, nut butter is amazing and always makes your meal stick your ribs a bit more. To make it prettier, garnish with berries.
I’m going out for lunch today with a client to Bobby Vans. Should be fun!