Morning and happy Tuesday! Last night I ended up actually being asleep just a little after 10 and sleeping until almost 8am today! That is almost 10 full hours and I woke up feeling SO good and refreshed today. I’m not going to lie and say getting up was easy by any means, but it wasn’t as bad as normal. 😉
I spotted a new product last night at the grocery store – Arnold Sandwich Thin Naturals – Flax and Fiber. I totally got sucked in by the marketing because I read “natural” and assumed the ingredient list would be shorter (without looking). Unfortunately there are a few things on there I don’t love (and I should probably check these things before buying) but I was excited to see a new variety anyhow.
Breakfast today was Loaded Toast, but reworked a bit.
This loaded toast had:
- 1 Flax and Fiber Sandwich Thin
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 small mashed banana
- chia seeds
And it was GOOD. I loved cutting these up so it felt like I had so much more than I did – the mind plays some crazy tricks on ya.
So, time to check in on my goals from last week! To recap, here they are and my report on each one:
- Workout at least 4 times (including at least 1 run) – I did yoga Tuesday, swam Wednesday, biked Thursday, and yoga again yesterday morning, but no run. I get a half check on this because though I did technically work out 4 times, I only got two really good workouts in – the bike ride and the swimming. I like to get my heart pumping!
- Drink more water (at least two 32 oz bottles at work per day) – Check on this one! I got some great tips and have started adding a little apple cider to my water each day, and also purchased a new water bottle that should be arriving on Thursday. I’ve had at least two full bottles of water at my desk every day since starting this goal.
- Start each day with a healthy breakfast. Check! I’ve done a good job with this one and starting my day with a healthy breakfast helps keep me on track throughout the day.
- Plan one treat at least per day (to keep me on track – hello vitatops!) – Check! Though I didn’t have a VitaTop once, I did have a few other treats (mostly after dinner) – and having them to look forward to definitely helped me stay on track.
- Cook healthy meals at home. Check! I cooked at home almost every meal except for Friday night and eating out on Sunday after church/Chuck E. Cheese.
- Friday night will be my splurge night for dinner for a friend’s birthday, but other than that no drinking this week. Check! I did have one glass of wine on Saturday with my friend Jess’s parents, but other than that I didn’t have a drink at all other than Friday night. Woohoo!
So overall, I did great on accomplishing these goals! I actually like starting the weekly goals on Tuesday because it gives me one extra week day to help recommit to them (yesterday) rather than if i started the goals on Monday. I don’t know if that makes any sense but I get it. 🙂
This weeks goals:
- Start Meal Planning most dinners during the week. This will help get me more excited about cooking at home and help with the budget.
- Go running twice.
- No more grocery shopping until next Tuesday (earliest). I like it a little too much.
- Workout over the weekend at least once.
- Zero clothes shopping this week. I like that a little too much, too.
What about you? Did you accomplish what you set out to this week? I am finding setting weekly goals to work really well, it just can be tough to stay on top of. But, especially with the impending holidays, I really want to try to set realistic goals through the end of the year, but we’ll see how that goes.
Also, what are some easy lunches you’ve been making lately? Looking for ideas.