I realize I haven’t really talked about exercise too much on here lately, but luckily it’s because I’ve had other stuff to write about and not because I haven’t been doing it (which is usually the case). Here a recap of my weekly workouts:
- Monday – AM weights and 22 minutes on the treadmill
- Tuesday – rest
- Wednesday – 45 minutes on the elliptical and upper body weights
- Thursday – rest
- Friday – rest
- Saturday – Lithe and 3 mile run
- Sunday – rest
- Monday – 45 minutes AM Yoga On Demand (called Yoga for Beauty – ugh)
So 4 workouts in one week (I’m counting Saturday as 2) is fine with me. I think I might have worked out on Thursday and am just forgetting what I did… hmm.
Anyways, here were my goals from last week and how I did on them:
- Strength train twice. Check. Weights on Wednesday and Lithe on Saturday.
- Run at least once. – Check. 3 mile run on Saturday.
- Take $50 out (CASH) and only use that for food shopping/the farmers market between now and next Tuesday. – Went over by under $2 so I say check. 🙂
- Only go out to dinner on Friday but other than that cook at home. – I did cook at home all week and went out to dinner Friday, but I did eat at Baja Fresh after church on Sunday. One dinner and one lunch isn’t so bad during a week when the dinner was “free” and the lunch was at a fast place so cost $20 for the two of us.
- Limit alcohol consumption to Friday night only. Check! No alcohol during the week or over the weekend besides Friday night.
- Pick out a new book to start reading. My friend Amber bought me a book called Half Baked which is a non fiction book that she heard about on NPR which takes a comical look at a situation very similar to what my sister is in. I want to read it first then will probably pass it onto Wendy if it seems appropriate… so check. 🙂
This weekly goal thing is really working for me! Here’s what I hope to accomplish this week:
- Work out at least 4 times. This is going to involve a lot of morning workouts since I have things to do after work almost daily.
- Include at least 1 run and 2 days of strength training.
- Only food shop this week for the POM Dinner party and make meals off of what I purchased yesterday and what’s in my pantry/freezer. Try to limit personal spending on food to under $100 for a party for 10 adults. Wil will be purchasing a few things wholesale from work including the main course, but I am trying to be very cost conscious for this party.
- Cook at home for all meals if possible to limit extraneous spending outside of the party.
- Throw an awesome POM dinner party!
- Limit drinking to the POM Party and then the party I have on Saturday evening – nothing else during the week/weekend.
- Make it to church on Sunday despite being out on Saturday night.
- Don’t let myself get too stressed with party planning/executing – enjoy it!
All these goals seem to be centered around the party but still maintaining a sort of normalcy while preparing for it. I don’t really throw parties that much, so as you can tell its stressing me out just a little bit but I plan to knock off a few things a day between now and then so it feels more do-able.
How was your week in terms of goals? Did you accomplish what you set out to? Do you have any goals for yourself this week?