Hello from Philly!! I came up last night on the train, which was SO nice. I haven’t taken Amtrak in I don’t even know how long, and sometimes I forget how great it can be. The train left DC at 6:05 and I was in Philly by 8pm – not bad at all. My dad came and picked me up from the train, and then my sister, her hubby, and my parents and I had dinner together which was really nice and low key.
Today, I’m hanging out with my nephew Harper and sister Wendy for most of the day, and then heading over to meet up with a bunch of bloggers for lunch around 1:30. (Side note: If you’re already in Philly and want to join for lunch, email me!) I can’t BELIEVE the Healthy Living Summit is already here – insane!
Last Five People I’ve talked to in person:
- Wendy (my sis)
- Harper (my nephew)
- Justin (bro-in-law)
Next Five Places I’ll go:
- Lunch with Bloggers
- Conference Hotel
- Reading Terminal Market
- Kelly Drive (for a loooong run in the morning!)
- Back to the conference hotel for breakfast and the sessions!
Five Exciting Things for Tomorrow:
- I’m speaking on a panel for my first speaking engagement ever!
- The Washingtonian Magazine issue comes out that I’m in!
- I’m seeing a ton of people I haven’t seen in a long time and hopefully meeting lots of new ones too.
- Free food all day (you know me, right?)
- Going out on the town at night!
Five Reasons I’m Happy Today:
- I took the day off from work.
- I move to Dupont TWO WEEKS from today!
- I finally got to see my nephew after 2 long months!
- Poached eggs with grits for breakfast (gets me every time).
- Swag bags are coming at 3pm!!!
Five Things I want to do during this trip:
- Do a really good job speaking.
- Meet new people.
- Eat a soft pretzel.
- Kill my 14 mile run at 5am tomorrow.
- Have fun!!
Whew! I seriously can’t believe it’s finally here.
Are you going to be at the Healthy Living Summit? If so, please come say hi!