So guess what!? The date is set for my tummy tuck surgery! In case you missed it, here’s the post where I discuss my reasons and decision to move forward with plastic surgery.
My pre-op appointment will be July 11, and the surgery itself will be July 29, which is less than 10 weeks away! I feel like this time is going to FLY by (especially since I’m going to Peru for 17 days in between) and I have so much to do to get ready between now and then. I am so excited, but also terrified. This is really happening!
I plan to write more about the consultations and deciding on a surgeon soon, but first I wanted to provide you with the most helpful resources I’ve found while browsing around for information on tummy tucks, which has been my newest hobby as of late. I was really looking for detailed, first hand accounts of what the entire process was like, especially the recovery. It’s funny how some people don’t want to know any of the gory details because they are afraid they might talk themselves out of it, but I want to know EVERYTHING. I had a hard time finding a ton of resources since plastic surgery is such a taboo topic, but here are the ones I found most helpful and refer to often:
- Runs for Cookies – If you don’t already read Katie’s blog, you should, but she also went through a lower body lift and blogged about the entire process. Her surgery was a bit more extensive than mine will be and also had it after having two children, but there is a lot of good information there and a detailed account of the recovery.
- PriorFatGirl – Jen is someone who I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in real life, and she is as awesome as you’d expect. She went through a tummy tuck as well as have the excess skin on her arms removed, so her procedure was also a bit more extensive than mine will be.
- MakeupGeek – I found this post very helpful with lots of information about preparing for a tummy tuck and everything leading up to the procedure itself. She also has pretty dramatic results, but I am definitely behind the ball according to her timeline!
- Tummy Tuck Survival Guide – This is posted on RealSelf.com and has a ton of helpful information about choosing a doctor, and then lots of tips and information about dealing with both the logistical side and emotional side of recovery.
- RealSelf.com – this is a resource with a LOT of different information, including a Tummy Tuck Forum, Q&As, Before and After Pics, and lots of first hand accounts. It takes a while to dig through all the information, but there is a ton of good stuff there.
- TummyTuckTales – This woman is hysterical, and gave a refreshing perspective on recovery after undergoing a tummy tuck after having several children and losing a lot of weight. It’s always nice to find a light-hearted account of something so serious, but still dealt with a lot of specifics and the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Funeral for My Fat – This 23 year old, Sharee, had a tummy tuck and thigh lift after losing almost 120 pounds. Wowza. She also has a couple youtube videos on the subject and is super cute.
- Enough Fluff – 24 year old, Madelynn, who underwent a tummy tuck after shedding 100 pounds.