I posted this exciting news last week on my Facebook Page, but I had a really amazing opportunity that I am so grateful for, and I got the go-ahead to share it, so here we go!
Over Labor Day weekend, I got contacted by the Senior Editor of Health+Wellness at US News and World Report. I get media inquiries pretty regularly, but most of the time they are for diet pills or some weight loss gimmick that doesn’t go along with my view on the subject, so I ignore them. This one caught my attention though because of the source.
Each January, they come out with the Best Diets list (here’s the list from 2013) and I remember having to wear the “#1 Diet by US News and World Report” pin as a leader for Weight Watchers since WW was ranked #1 in 2012. For 2014, they are releasing 8 real life success stories along with the launch of the list for the first time – and the email they sent me was asking if I wanted to be one of those success stories!! They found me through my blog and I was totally taken aback and excited, but wasn’t sure exactly what to expect. I was told they wanted to make videos of the 8 success stories in their studio, and asked if I could come in to be interviewed on film.
So last Wednesday, after work, I headed to their main office to get interviewed!
They took a bunch of still shots of me holding one of my before shots in frame. This one, to be exact.
After the still shots, they had me sit down in front of several cameras and under lights and asked me a bunch of questions.
- State your name, age, job, location, before weight, and current weight.
- What caused you to gain the weight?
- What was your turning point?
- How did you lose the weight?
- What type of support did you have during your weight loss journey?
- What does a typical day of eating look like for you now?
- How has exercise played a role in your weight loss?
- What made you decide to have plastic surgery after your weight loss?
- What is your best advice for someone wanting to lose weight?
- How is your life different now than it was before?
I had been sent the questions ahead of time so I had a little time to think about what I was going to say, but I honestly don’t remember exactly what I said for each of the questions! I got a little choked up at the end talking about how different my life is, and was so happy to be able to share my story.
I also learned that I make really awkward faces when I talk on camera (and probably in general), so you’re welcome.
The story will be coming out in January 2014 along with the launch of the list, so I’ll be sure to share it when I hear more, but was excited to be able to write about this much!