I really, really, really need to get back on track. Having my best friends in town this past weekend for an engagement party was VERY fun…
It also made for several days full of heavy drinking and eating crap. I did manage to get to the gym before anyone else woke up on Saturday and bust out a 5k on the treadmill in 27:43 (8:55 pace!!!!) plus some push ups and ab work, but other than that the weekend was not so good in the healthy living department. I feel bloated, lethargic, and gross… and am ready to get back to it.
I had to work yesterday unfortunately (boo!), and though I really tried to get myself out of bed to run in the morning, that just didn’t happen. Rather than skipping my run all together, I brought everything with me to run home from work and did a 3.5 mile loop that ended with me at Whole Foods. I finished the 3.5 miles in 32:19 or a 9:14 pace, which is FAST for me! Woohoo. Ending at Whole Foods meant that not only was I able to get my run in, but I also got myself some groceries so that I could actually start cooking again and get some fruit and veggies back into my life.
I also have quite a busy week outside of my day job, involving the following:
- Tuesday: Lead Weight Watchers meeting AM (!!!)/Weight Watchers Training PM
- Wednesday: Blogger Get Together after work
- Thursday: Work Weight Watchers meeting after work
- Friday: Friends coming in from Connecticut
Because of all that, I wanted to cook just a little and have it go a long way, so I’m basically only cooking twice and it should last me through the week. Here’s what I came up with for a menu plan:
|Monday||Cottage Cheese w/frozen mango||Turkey Sandwich on Wheat, Pretzels, Banana, HUGE Brownie (…)||Apple||Tempeh Chili Verde (made 4 servings)|
|Tuesday||Savory oats w/spinach + cheese||Leftover Tempeh Chili Verde||Greek Yogurt w/raspberries||Egg Scramble in a Pita with Goat Cheese|
|Wednesday||English Muffin w/PB + Banana||Tempeh Chili Verde||Babybel w/apple + carrots w/salsa||Homemade Veggie Burgers|
|Thursday||Savory oats w/spinach + cheese||Leftover Veggie Burger over greens||Cottage Cheese w/orange||Tempeh Chili Verde|
|Friday||Waffle Sandwich w/PB + Banana||Leftover Veggie Burger over greens||Babybel w/apple + carrots w/salsa||TBD – Dinner with friends from CT!|
And here is what I want to do workout wise so I can stay on track with half marathon training:
- Monday: 3.5 mile run (check!)
- Tuesday: rest (no time!)
- Wednesday: Speedwork – 35 minute tempo run + strength training
- Thursday: Rest or Cross Training
- Friday: 7 mile run
Since I have friends coming into town again this coming weekend, my goal is to get my long run out of the way before work on Friday so that I don’t have to do it while they are visiting. We’ll see how that goes!
Because I really need to focus this week, here are my mini goals to get back on track:
- No drinking during the week. I had enough this weekend to last me at least through the week so this should not be a problem. At all.
- Drink 64 oz. of water each day at work (2 large bottles).
- Workout 2-3 times this week before work.
- Get in bed by 11pm every night this week.
- Stick to 26-29 PointsPlus per day through Friday.