I cannot believe tomorrow marks the end of the first third of 2011! I’ve barely accepted that it’s actually 2011, much less that we’re approaching the half way mark. Cah-razy.
At the beginning of April, I set some pretty lofty goals and didn’t do as well on them as I like to do. I do think I did a really good job with some things like being consistent with exercising, meal planning, and healthy eating for the most part, but I think that I set too many goals for myself to keep up with, so I’ll work on that for May.
So was it an Awesome April?
Here are the goals I set and how they went:
1. Meal Planning Mondays. Check on this one! You can see week one, two, three, and four. I planned out my meals for the week and posted my grocery loot each Monday. I really have enjoyed doing this on the blog and it seems like you guys like it too, so I plan to keep it up until further notice.
2. Continue to exercise 3-4 times a week even though I’m not training for anything. I’ve been doing really good with this one and have been loving NOT training for something. You can see my workouts here, but it was fun to change things up and not just be running as my only form of exercise.
3. Enjoy Sunday’s Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. Check plus! It was the best race I’ve ever run and I also finished the fastest of any long race.
4. Strength train 1-2 times per week. Check! I’ve been MUCH more consistent about strength training now that I’m not training for a race, and I’ve been loving it. I’ve been doing The Shred, free weights, and a little bit of Bikram.
5. Continue to run 1-2 times a week so I don’t lose it, but also do cross training at least once a week so I don’t get burnt out from running. Check! I biked and did the elliptical for cross training and ran at least once a week for every week in April.
6. Focus on zoning into my goal weight. Fail. I am EXACTLY the same – 166. I have to lose 2 lbs to get to goal so that I can become Lifetime at Weight Watchers and hopefully become a Leader, but I literally made zero progress this month.
7. Post at least one video during the month of April on here. Yes! I did my first cooking tip video with how to chiffonade baby spinach.
8. Watch less TV and read more. This one gets a “meh.” I do feel like I’ve been watching less TV overall because I’ve been pretty busy this month after work, but I didn’t read two books. I started and got 2/3 through Fat Chance, but it was just OK so I haven’t finished it. I’m now reading The End of Overeating which is good but very fact heavy, so I’m having a hard time plugging through. (Notice a theme here in my book selections??)
9. Reorganize my kitchen and blog about it! Big fail. I did do a little pantry reorganization but I didn’t talk about it or show it on here whatsoever.
So again, I think I did OK with the goals, but just set a few too many for me to achieve them all. I am proud of a lot of things I did in April, including PRing 3 times (The Cherry Blossom 10 miler, and then two 5ks!) so I’m going to say yes, it was an awesome April! =)
I’m a firm believer in setting yourself up for success, so I’m going to keep it a lot simpler for May. Here’s what I want to do:
- Develop a training plan for my upcoming marathon (!!!!!). Yikes.
- Keep up working out 3-4+ times a week. And keep it varied with running, cross training, and strength training!
- Post another video. I really had fun making the first cooking video and I think one a month is more than doable.
- Lose 2 pounds. This will bring me to 164, which is my goal weight. That’s .5 lbs a week average. I CAN DO THIS.
On goal setting: Do you tend to set a few weekly/monthly goals or have a big list? Which do you like better?
Specific to my blog: Is there anything you love that you don’t want to see go, or things you don’t see that you want me to start doing?